2020 was a tough year for all of us with the Covid-19 pandemic affecting everyone either directly or indirectly. With modifications to our usual events we were lucky enough to host a number of Covid Safe events last year and we certainly hope that 2021 will see us resume a more normal schedule of events.
At present, we are still taking everything one step at a time as we all know that things have been changing rapidly in NSW even this January.
We hope to run more events this year if we are able to and will continue to update our members through email and our Facebook page.
In order to comply with Australian and NSW guidelines Covid Safety Plans are completed and updated for each event, outlining the steps that AMGA NSW will take to keep its members and the community safe. A summary of the main points of the most recent plan is provided below for your convenience, however, if you plan on attending any events you will need to carefully read the most recent Covid Safety Plan which is sent out to entrants.
- DO NOT ATTEND if you have been unwell, in contact with any confirmed/suspected Covid-19 cases or those that have travelled internationally or to any hotspots in NSW in the last 14 days
- You MUST leave the grounds immediately if you begin to feel unwell.
- Pre-entry and payment only, no payment or entries will be accepted on the day
- We ask that all attendees of the event are listed on the entry form and that only those that have to be at the event attend i.e. riders and parents only, no spectators
- Families to bring their own hand sanitiser for personal use, some will be provided at key areas around the grounds
- Families are encouraged to bring their own food and water including horse water if possible
- Families are encouraged to download the COVIDSafe App to support contact tracing if required
- Attendees are expected to adhere to the 1.5m physical distancing rule whilst on the grounds (excepting those from the same household)
- Attendees are encouraged to shower/change at home where possible,
- Attendees are expected to adopt good hand hygiene practices whilst on the grounds
- Bathrooms will need to be cleaned regularly throughout the weekend.
- The equipment on the sideline and around the van is to be kept clear of all unnecessary personnel
- Only those required to be around these areas are allowed to prevent congestion
- The next heat to go should wait away from the arena until they are invited to enter to prevent congestion at the gateways
- Each team/pair/individual must organise their own gear helper
- The gear helper will set up the gear for their person/s, following them across the lanes
- Gear will be disinfected halfway through the competition and at the end of the first day
- All gear must be returned to its designated area
- Equipment is not to be put in the mouth
- Riders will be expected to sanitise their hands
- on entering and exiting the arena
- regularly throughout the day