Due to the Covid-19 outbreak, we had to suspend events after our Braidwood event in March.
With restrictions beginning to ease and community sport allowed to resume in July, the committee has set our first event back for the 25-26 July at the Canberra Riding Club grounds in Lyneham. At present, we are taking everything one step at a time. We hope to run more events this year if we are able to and will continue to update our members through email and our Facebook page.
In order to comply with Australian and NSW guidelines a Covid Safety Plan has been completed, outlining the steps that AMGA NSW will take to keep its members and the community safe. A summary of the main points of the plan is provided below for your convenience, however, if you plan on attending any events in the near future we strongly encourage you to read the full plan which can be accessed at this link:
As the first venue is in the ACT, we have also developed a return to competition safety plan which follows the ACT guidelines. This can be accessed at the following link:
- DO NOT ATTEND if you have been unwell, in contact with any confirmed/suspected Covid-19 cases or those that have travelled internationally, to Victoria or to any hotspots in NSW in the last 14 days
- You MUST leave the grounds immediately if you begin to feel unwell.
- Pre-entry and payment only, no payment or entries will be accepted on the day
- We ask that all attendees of the event are listed on the entry form and that only those that have to be at the event attend i.e. riders and parents only, no spectators
- All attendees sign the register as soon as they arrive on each day (Friday evening as well if you arrive then)
- Families to bring their own hand sanitiser for personal use, some will be provided at key areas around the grounds
- Families are encouraged to bring their own food and water including horse water if possible
- Families are encouraged to download the COVIDSafe App to support contact tracing if required
- Attendees are expected to adhere to the 1.5m physical distancing rule whilst on the grounds (excepting those from the same household)
- Attendees are encouraged to shower/change at home where possible, there are no showers on the grounds anyway
- Attendees are expected to adopt good hand hygiene practices whilst on the grounds
- Bathrooms will need to be cleaned regularly throughout the weekend.
- Please bring your own hat cover if you have one
- Bunting will be erected around the equipment on the sideline and around the van
- Only those required to be in the bunted areas are allowed to prevent congestion
- Only 1 heat at a time will run
- The next heat to go should wait away from the arena until they are invited to enter to prevent congestion at the gateways
- Each team/pair/individual must organise their own gear helper
- The gear helper will set up the gear for their person/s, following them across the lanes and disinfect the gear at the end of their heat
- Start gear will also be disinfected at the end of each heat
- All gear must be returned to its designated area
- Balls and socks will not be used in the games
- Equipment is not to be put in your mouth
- Riders will be expected to sanitise their hands
- on entering and exiting the arena
- regularly throughout the day